Quite aid and guidelines and hints: How you can publish an unbelievable advice, stunning viewers.
To get started with — drop statistics. Sent ten of the articles we choose to publish an average of two, sometimes subject to revision. To clarify: on many industry sites you are able to publish any text. But we prefer not to waste time (and our readers) to *any* report.
We are often asked tips about ways to develop an answers to be published. Someone wants to become more known in the industry, someone to share interesting experiences and thoughts with colleagues, many want both. All of these goals are worthy, the information was superior.
Today we'll show you the most beneficial approaches to design a decent text for industry publications, what to do and why (what to do — will tell you too). But at the same time explain what review article consider fine, and even look to us on the editorial kitchen.
- Start with reflection. Think of any industry articles you like to read — and read to the end (why? ) and some can not stand and throw (by how, why? ). Take the time to formulate and compose down your answers. This list is your reference point, looking into it when producing your text.
- The proposed theme. Immediately think: who wants to read that? Why they would want to do that? Seriously, who cares except you? (The answer should certainly be honest — in fact, now you are wasting your time, and save it. ) You clarify these issues — and it will become easier: imagine these people when you have the option to put in writing text. You could potentially even contact them directly in the guideline.
- Think over the structure. The beauty of your text — in its structure and reasonableness. The ability to formulate a coherent structure is not concerned with whether you are a skilled writer, but describes you as a professional. Line up your text as logical and consistent, how do you organize your work. Sketch a plan or layout of the material, consider a sequence of blocks, learn for yourself how the individual parts of the webpage are related to each other: are there any contradictions, logical hopping capability, unclear transitions.
Sometimes the structure itself dictates the theme and then it's effortless. new topic causes of divorce essay Essay
Sometimes you have to think about it. But the problem is in any case can be solved, and most authors it is.
At this stage, usually by itself *accumulates* the written content: the hints, arguments and theses. Record them directly into the desired blocks of the structure. Then, when you create text, will be just to develop the idea and to clarify wording.
- We select the examples. It's the facts, case studies, stories from experience (or your colleagues) — all the things that will help you convey your thoughts to the reader, making the text user friendly. Practical doc without examples is like a children's book without pictures. If examples are many — choose the most vivid and visual.
- Writing the text. *I don't know hassle-free tactics to compose beautifully*, so tells us every third. Don't need to. We are not art almanac. What's the beauty of your text, we have found in the third paragraph. And here — just three easy to understand rules.
First, don't be afraid to put in producing simply and clearly. In fact, as time is the most valuable.
A impressive example from recent news: recommendations on how one can explain the essence of the scandal with Panamanian archive so, to understand even a child of five:
*Children have piggy banks that they hold in the house of his friend. The mother of this friend no matter how they got the money. Some store piggy in someone else's house, for understandable and even noble reasons: a single saves my mom a gift and didn't want to spoil the surprise, the other protects their savings from the encroachment of big brother. But the other children are hiding their piggy banks to hide their bad behavior — someone stole the pocket money their friends, and someone stole from mom's purse. And now mother of all these children learned that their piggy banks stored outside the home, and get started out to understand who behaved well and who is not*.
— an example taken from *jellyfish*
If it is possible to clearly explain to kindergartners the essence of the Panamanian leaks, it is clear to apply the theme industry colleagues — task and do simple
Second, use words accurately. If you are unsure of the meaning of the word — be it a term or something common, look to online dictionaries and reference books, they are trouble-free to Google.
Thirdly, be transient, it's important. If instead of three words, just one particular need to take 1. Don't give weight and make the text bigger and deeper. They spoil the impression about the author. And at the same time complicate our work: cleaned write-up from verbal weeds will still have to publish unedited text — know the best way to invite guests in the untidy apartment. new topic chapter 15 to kill a mockingbird summary Essay
Read more about aidarska problems with language.
A little about the main thing
If you intend to jot down articles often, brainstorm a couple of books about the language. They are relatively easy to read, very helpful to include a language and universal thinking: a useful, no matter what you going to put in crafting.
- Nora Gal. The word of the living and the dead. A very good book, written long ago, but it sets the appropriate course now.
- Irina Lewontin. Russian with a dictionary. Reflections on how and why language changes. The author makes it thoughtfully, tastefully, and without the slightest sign covers grammar-Nazism.
- Give the written text to lie down. About this chip I know the translators, bloggers and journalists (but not reporters were lucky, their texts to lie down once). Slowly re-read the text in a day or two: during this time you will have time to detach from it and see it differently than before. A critical look at what happened. Maybe you want to change the wording, something to cut or to add. It happens so: only now you noticed the logical inconsistencies, and realized that the structure wasn't correctly, but you have already got a new a single.
*Up and down* — killer words excellent text, the temptation of the writer. If you understand an excellent strategies to improve the text — do it. Editor the more will see his shortcomings. Most likely the remake will give you the option quickly: after all, you are already deeply immersed in the topic and thought of everything. The result will be better — and your reputation as an expert will benefit.
...And what to do
We have seen master simple tips to do it appropriate. Now go through the typical mistakes they admit many. Therefore, this section is no less important than the previous one particular.
- No complexes! To jot down an effective industry information, you do not need to be a journalist, a writer or copywriter. If you are a professional and you really have something to share, you possibly can do it. The previous section will help you.
- It is not necessary to jot down down the write-up, if you have nothing to say. Abstract lyrics, a-La fragments from a textbook — no, it is not roll. Our viewers (your colleagues) that I can't stand, and with them we are.
Uncover the totally thought
That the author have nothing to share, often says the name is too generic, is suitable except that for voluminous books. *Motivation* of *Adaptation*, *Grades* are *the Art of management staff* — all titles of real texts that we sent. The authors believed that uncover these themes they were capable to 2-4 pages.
The practitioner usually sees a really specific problem and writes without abstractions, based on experience.
- No need to invent examples and achievements, which were not — you or the company. We understand that sometimes you want. But still not necessary
- It is not necessary to rariteti other people's articles. Do copywriters and this is a bad example. Usually they know little about management, and they have no industry experience, which would be worth to tell. Therefore, we have to get on this slippery slope is to reproduce the words of others and even old-fashioned thoughts.
Any HR consultant and a Manager is in a better position than copywriters or PR people: he has got the experience practice. He knows how things really are.
Written off (rewritten) text is always visible. No magic — just the routine editorial work and experience. So a first-rate recruiter understands immediately when the candidate *FIB* myself a few extra achievements or retroactively *increased* wages.
- Recently, a friend of the student told a joke:
— And imagine that the Earth is someone's project.
— That explains why the planet has so much water...
Do you like it if you were in the reader's place?
So. Pouring water is not necessary. Work Aquarians are capable to do everything, so *competence* this is not interesting to anyone. No *as everyone knows*, *numerous studies show* and other things in the same spirit. Each argument must be justified (otherwise it is not an argument at all): provide links to case studies, to mention the names of those who know something and so on. Yourself can only leave passwords and turnout.
- Do not listen to Captain Obvious. Do not compose the bit of subject matter well known. That makes it a priceless — in the literal sense of the word, and seriously annoying colleagues and editors.
- Don't turn yourself into a PR, not try to do for the company promo. Your piece is not love for it But seriously, smart and beneficial expert putting up is the top promo for the expert and for his company. No *text* with strained-rough PR does not receive such a response as a superb and honest expert text. Expertise can be a remarkable PR, but the piece is infused with the corporate promo (or Intrusive personal promo specialist), will not do: it gives the reader the rejection and mistrust. Besides, she's too deliberate to really deal with PR tasks.
Taking care of company promotion, you belittle yourself as an expert. By the best way, texts written by experts and spin-doctors, not that relatively easy to distinguish — they simply cannot be confused!
- Do not try to please. Don't be afraid to disable conformism. It happens that the articles are written with a female fitting at the praise, a lot of likes and universal approval. And upset, if not. And it's a dead end. If your inner conviction is not consistent with what you wrote — it is always visible: the editor sees it, feels it reader. Most noticeable if you read several articles an individual author: pop up apparent inconsistencies, maturity and reflection here are bordering on naivety, the image of the expert, his views do not add up the guests a complete picture, he contradicts himself.
- Do not ask us to choose for you. No a person better than the author himself does not know what he is close, he knows better than others what his experience is particularly valuable. If you do not know you, we don't know even more. We prefer to work with experts who themselves have realized what they stand.
- Be not ashamed of mistakes (spelling, punctuation, style, etc. ). You're not in school, and we are not teachers or grammar Nazis. We will toss your write-up just because it has a lot of grammatical errors, we will not laugh and will not think any the worse of you.
Choosing between a meaningless text that is written smoothly and correctly, and the text is useful, but with errors, we will definitely get to publish the second. Literacy is an outstanding thing. But it is primarily the material, and everything else we will help to put in order. Proofreading and editing is part of our work (this, incidentally, sets us apart from most industry online publications).
Good articles, its...
- tells his colleagues that they were curious to know
- raises sensitive issues, which many do not dare to say out loud,
- sometimes sistematizirovat what many already know — but thanks to text colleagues will have the opportunity to act consciously,
- well-structured: every reader is clear that in the mind of the author of the full order and everything on the shelves,
- responsible for every fact and argument that tells viewers the truth and only the truth
- it is written simply and clearly, not forcing colleagues to Wade through the verbal garbage.